Home : Arts - Culture : Artists Painting
Access Mexico Connect's Links Resource: Arts - Culture: Artists Painting
- Angeline Kyba- International figurative artist opens her studio to visitors Wednesdays 10-4 at Cuauhtemoc 635,Puerto Vallarta. Archived in International Women's Gallery, Washington, selected for La Quinta bienal de Monterrey,N.L.(Added: Tue Jun 29 2004 Hits: 217 Rating: 0.00 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Arturo Marty and Sylvia Ordoñez, Mexican Painters- This site presents the work of Sylvia Ordoñez and Arturo Marty known for their extraordinary paintings, drenched in vivid color, and infused with the innate drama of Nature.(Added: Tue Aug 14 2001 Hits: 374 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 6) Rate It
- Caribbean Colors- Tropical theme watercolor /acrylic paintings. Originals, some prints and commissions. Works sold in many Caribbean locations.
Mastercard, Visa & Paypal accepted. Enjoy!(Added: Tue Dec 16 2003 Hits: 227 Rating: 0.00 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Charles Harker Art- Artist who divides his time between Mexico and Arizona. His works are imaginary, expressionistic scenes reflecting the two places.(Added: Wed Aug 20 2003 Hits: 237 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Edgar Soberon - Still Life Paintings- This site shows the work of Cuban born painter and printmaker Edgar Soberon.
Soberon lives and works in the town of San Miguel de Allende, Gto. Mexico.(Added: Sun Jul 17 2005 Hits: 194 Rating: 9.83 Votes: 11) Rate It
- Georgia Charuhas, Artist in Merida- Established fine artist educated in Chicago School of Fine Arts, has lived in Mexico for over 30 years. Paintings and prints.(Added: Sat Nov 11 2006 Hits: 129 Rating: 0.00 Votes: 0) Rate It
- John Ramos Gallery- Paintings and Prints of Baja and Mexico, Costal California and "Wish you were there" images.(Added: Mon Oct 28 2002 Hits: 338 Rating: 8.50 Votes: 2) Rate It
- Miguel Angel Avila, Fine Artist Painter- Contemporary Art in acrylics, oils, pencils and more. Color with influences of pop art, realism and surrealism. Interview with the fine artist conducted by Rocio Heredia. It is typical the use of a figurative style and a skillful line when Avila paints.(Added: Sat Nov 13 2004 Hits: 195 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 3) Rate It
- Piramidal Gráfica- Piramidal Gráfica
Guanajuato, GTO México
Jim Hibbard Jenny Hibbard Hugo Anaya Barba
email@example.com tel: 001 52 (473) 734 0315
Piramidal Gráfica is a private art center located within a two-century-old stone wall with patios and adjacent gardens close to the center of Guanajuato, a city noted for its Spanish Colonial architecture in the State of Guanajuato, Mexico.
Piramidal Gráfica provides a large, well-equipped and flexible studio in which to create drawings, paintings, mixed media, and off-press or press-pulled intaglio, lithographic or monotype prints. An excellent feature is a separate intimate gallery space for exhibits and receptions. Piramidal Gráfica will offer two-day, five-day and 10-day workshop courses.
The November, 2005 workshop will be led by Rachel Hibbard, Painter, Printmaker and Installation Artist based in Portland, Oregon. Web site: http://web.pdx.edu/~dirh
Check this site later for 2006 schedule.Upcoming workshops
Jim Hibbard Gallery
Hugo Anaya Gallery
The adventure of drawing
Traveling with your eyes, in the language of line, value, and color
"There is another world but it is in this one" Paul Eluard
"Enchantment is destroyed by vagueness, and mystery exists only in precise things" Jean Cocteau
Drawing in Guanajuato is a delight that can deepen one's appreciation for this exquisite city and its extraordinarily rich history. To learn more visit http://www.guanajuatocapital.com/ingles/Nuestra.htm
These seven-day workshops will take place at Piramidal Gráfica and will include visits to nearby churches and museums and a one day field trip by bus to San Miguel de Allende.
This class is designed for beginning to intermediate levels. This class centers on drawing as a powerful expressive practice and organizational tool. Drawing is a foundation of visual thinking that builds your focus and flexibility of perception. In this class you will develop creative strategies applicable in many other fields and learn ways of setting the stage for inspiration.
The projects: You will develop a sketchbook log, draw postcards, develop pieces with an individual focus, and finish by creating a monoprint on an etching press. You will learn techniques that will allow you to savor your travels. We will experiment with a variety of mediums building skills such as: gesture, line, shape, value and spatial relationships.
Rachel's teaching style includes a deep love of drawing and a respect for each person's goals and level of experience. The sessions incorporate demonstrations, slide lectures, and critiques. Rachel has 11 years of experience teaching drawing, painting and design at the university level and has lectured and conducted mural and printmaking workshops in Chicago, Illinois and Portland and Eugene, Oregon
Participants should bring:
Sketchbook: thick (90 bl.) all-media paper with a fairly smooth texture. Approximately 6''x 8.5'' is good--any smaller and it is harder to draw; too much bigger and it is hard to tote around.
Graphite pencils: HB, 2B, 6B and if you like, a graphite stick
Water-soluble colored pencils; 12 to 48 pencil sets are wonderful
Brushes: 2 or more watercolor round brushes #5 and #9. Try a flat one if you like as well
2 Erasers: Mars white rubber eraser and a kneaded eraser
2 sheets of Rives BFK
4 sheets of Strathmore bristol and 2 or so sheets of Arches cold press watercolor paper will serve well for both drawing and painting
TWO WORKSHOPS AT PARIMIDAL GRAFICA, November 2005
Workshop #1: November 14--November 21, 2005
Workshop#2: November 21--November 27, 2005
This project is a collaboration between la Casa de Espiritus Alegres B&B and the Piramidal Gráfica Art Center.
These seven-day workshops will take place at Piramidal Gráfica and will include lunch, visits to nearby churches and museums and a one day field trip by coach to San Miguel de Allende.
Seven day course: $1,100.00US per participant, with a $500.00US deposit in advance to secure registration and the rest upon arrival by cash, check, or credit card
Package includes: Workshop, double occupancy accommodation at the famous La Casa de Espiritus Alegres B&B or at its new downtown branch, Alma del Sol B&B; three gourmet meals a day, museum admissions, transportation, and field trips. including a full day visit by coach to the city of San Miguel de Allende
(For Single Supplement, add $350.00US)
Leon International Airport (BJX) is nearby. The average time to and from Guanajuato is 25-30 minutes. The average taxi fare for one way trip is about $35.00US.
PLEASE NOTE: BECAUSE GUANAJUATO IS A HILL TOWN HIGH IN THE SIERRA MADRE, PARTICIPANTS MUST BE WELL AND ABLE TO WALK AND CLIMB STAIRWAYS.
Not included: airfare and transportation to and from airport.
Last day to be sure of reserving a place with $500.00US non-refundable deposit is November 8, 2005
RESERVATIONS: Call or fax to Mexico, from US or Canada: 011 (52) 473 732 1013
Add to Contacts
(Added: Fri Oct 28 2005 Hits: 232 Rating: 0.00 Votes: 0) Rate It
- RAUL- RAUL - Contemporary mexican artist based in Barcelona, Stuttgart and Paris. Neofigurative and expresionist art; human and urban painting, art object and net art.(Added: Sat Mar 04 2006 Hits: 136 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 2) Rate It
- Salvador Días- Dedicado a difundir su pintura y obra a través de una amplia galería virtual que reúne parte de su producción desde 1997 a la actualidad, así como su biografía, exposiciones, historia, eventos y agenda. Salvador Díaz se destaca en el mundo del arte por la temática de su obra, su impecable dominio en el quehacer pictórico y una recia personalidad crítica reflejada en cada una de sus obras. (Added: Sat Sep 16 2006 Hits: 107 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Salvador Díaz- Dedicado a difundir su pintura y obra a través de una amplia galería virtual que reúne parte de su producción desde 1997 a la actualidad, así como su biografía, exposiciones, historia, eventos y agenda. Salvador Díaz se destaca en el mundo del arte por la temática de su obra, su impecable dominio en el quehacer pictórico y una recia personalidad crítica reflejada en cada una de sus obras. (Added: Sat Sep 16 2006 Hits: 118 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 2) Rate It
Pages Updated On: Mon Nov 30 2009 - 08:47:42
Links Engine 2.0 By: Gossamer Threads Inc.